Paneer Akuri is a Parsi Style Scrambled Cottage Cheese (A vegetarian version of Egg Akuri) made with super soft paneer, & flavoured with spices. It is served along with toasted bread slices .I had this lovely and almost ‘melt in your mouth’ Bhurji with perfectly toasted bread at Soda Bottle Openerwala (Bengaluru) I found this recipe for Paneer Akuri on the betterbutter app contributed by Soda Bottle Openerwala, and followed the same ! & Boy the result was So Darn Good !! Polished off the skillet 😬 This recipe is perfect for a hearty breakfast or could be cooked up for a brunch or dinner 😊 Just Perfect !!
Preparation Time : 15 Mins
Cooking Time : 20 Mins
Serves : 3-4
- Fresh and Soft Paneer/Cottage Cheese grated – 250 gms
- Finely chopped Onions – 2
- Finely chopped Tomatoes – 2
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Garlic Cloves – 5-6 minced finely
- Turmeric Powder -1 tsp
- Kashmiri Lal Mirch Powder/ Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder/ Dhaniya Powder -1tsp
- Sambar Masala – 1tsp
- A handful of fried cashewnuts
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Coriander leaves for garnish
To toast the bread:
- Few Bread slices
- Heat a tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of oil in a pan, add in finely chopped onions and minced garlic keep sauteing till the onions slightly brown.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and saute for a minute, then add in turmeric powder, kashmiri lal mirch powder, coriander powder and sambar masala and mix everything well. Cook untill the tomatoes are soft.
- Now add in grated paneer and season with salt.
- Mix everything well, cover cook for about 3-4 minutes on a low to medium flame. I also added in little bit of water just to achieve extra softness.
- Add in a tbsp of butter and fried cashews, mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and transfer it to a serving plate.
- Butter the bread slices generously and toast them.
- Paneer Akuri is ready, serve it hot along with toasted bread and onion rings.